Texas WIC Program (WIC) is a supplemental nutrition program for pregnant women, breastfeeding women, women who had a baby within the last six months, infants, and children under the age of five. One must meet income requirements, Texas residence requirement and have a nutritional risk that proper nutrition could help to improve.
Do You Qualify for Texas WIC?
To see if you may qualify, you must:
- A pregnant woman; OR
- An infant or child up to five years old; OR
- A mother of a baby up to six months old; OR A breastfeeding mother of a baby up to 12 months old.
- Meet income guidelines;
- Be a resident of Texas; and
- Be seen by a health professional at the WIC clinic.
If you think you may qualify, please call or write to your county health department to make an appointment.
Texas WIC Hotline: 1-800-512-7111
Texas WIC Program
Texas Department of State Health Services
PO Box 149347
Austin, Texas 78714-9347
Toll Free Number
(512) 458-7111 or 1-888-963-7111
For more information, visit Texas WIC Program website